We are just a few weeks away from knowing more about this year's One World participants. IQ judges are in the process of viewing nominees, and the insider info is that it will be a tough duty.
Here's a quick look back at some past One World winners:
In 2016, Arizona Films, Brussels, won for “Wattway – Solar Roads.” The film was done for Colas Group Paris, a civil engineering firm, and considers the possibilities of innovative road technology as a source for energy.
GMA News TV, The Philippines, received the award in both 2014 and 2015. A 2014 documentary, "Brigada (The Brigade): Gintong Krudo (Black Gold)," raised awareness of the 5.5 million Filipino children considered child laborers. The 2015 winning program, “Front Row: ALS,” exposed the hardships of families caring for members with the debilitating disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
Other One World winners:
- 2004 "Walk the World" Momentum NL, The Netherlands
- 2005 “Gorbachev’s Revolution” Director Fern Levitt and Barna-Alper Productions, Toronto, Canada 2006 "Tracking the Monster: Confronting AIDS in Africa" Boom Pictures, New York City
- 2007 "The Battle of Chernobyl" Discovery Networks International (USA)
- 2008 "Five Times God" Kanguruh-Film Berline GmbH, Berlin
- 2009 "Beyond Beliefs" Closer Productions, Adelaide for Issues Deliberation Australia/America (IDA)
- 2010 "IBM Multitask—Popsicle—Heart" Wizz Design, Clichy, France
- 2011 “New Standard for Environmental Action” Pohjantahti-Elokuva, Helsinki, Finland
- 2012 “Heritage Saved is History Preserved” Henk van Mierlo VOF for NV Bergkwartier, Deventer, The Netherlands
- 2013 “Counterfeit Culture” Tell Tale Productions, Halifax, Nova Scotia
More as soon as we know.